Tuesday, January 10, 2012

MAYBELLINE DREAM BOUNCY BLUSH

Maybelline has recently released some new products, I've been hearing about this unique blush for awhile  now and decided I needed to try and add this product to my collection!  Cream blushes work best for my skin type because it seems to me powdered blushes ALWAYS cake up on my skin and leave nasty patches while cream blushes seem to go into my skin smoothly and perfectly!


THE PRODUCT:


This unique blush is available in 10 different shades! Below I will list the shades created!
It's oil free and promises to be light weight like a powder but melts into your skin like a cream. The amount of product you receive is 5.6 Grams and the price can differ by location, but at the store where I purchased mine was 8.00 and from where I've seen them, they are located at wal-mart and just about any drugstore that carries maybelline  and also ulta!
It comes in champagne colored container with a plastic clear lid that pops open and closed. The product is dome shaped and I've heard from other bloggers that it reminds them of marsh mellows or peeps and I must agree!


SHADES AVAILABLE:
(in no particular order)

05 FRESH PINK
10 PINK  FROSTING
15 ROSE PETAL
20 PEACH SATIN
30 CANDY CORAL
70 HOT TAMALE
40 PINK PLUM
45 ORCHID HUS
50 PLUM WINE
60 COFFEE CAKE


MY REVIEW:



The shade I own this in  is the one in the picture above. I saw this in my local wal mart for the first time a couple of weeks before Christmas but totally did not pay any attention to it because I was busy Christmas shopping for my 2 sons! After a couple of days went by I started hearing more about this product via YouTube and that's when I HAD  to try this! I'm a sucker for pink blushes, I've ALWAYS used pink blush BC I'm pale, CLASSIC IVORY and pink seemed to always work for me! I must say the ad of it being bouncy is was attracted me into buying this product. The size of this product for the price definitely had me at WHOAH , I'm a stay at home mom so if I'm buying any make up products for  a high price it MUST last awhile and after playing with it for awhile it seems like it will def. last me awhile. I did see bouncy in it, but it wasn't AS cool as I thought it was gonna be, but all in all it was still cool lol.

It blended into my skin wonderfully but was very sheer which I LOVE, and it took me a good 3 coats to make it bright on my face but it could very well be just the shade I have gotten was too light for my liking, but of course I can make it work and build it up to the shade I'm looking for! It's not matte or shimmery, which I also like and it feels like nothing is on my cheeks! However,  I did find it wears off after a couple of hours and I found myself having to reapply the blush through out the day but that's okay! But over all the pigmentation isn't that bad!
I wouldn't recommend using a any type of brushes with this product, I've found using your fingers is the best use. I would definitely compare these blushes to the dream mousse blush which I own and is my FAVORITE blush of all times  and I'm really sad to hear it's being discontinued but this product definitely makes up for it!  I do wish this product was a little big bigger because I have a hard time digging thru my drawer looking for this!

I rate this with a B because the only negative is the wearing off, wish it would last a little longer but all in all, a great product and I do recommend this. If you have any questions or feel I have left something out please comment and I will  reply as soon as I can!

4 comments:

  1. definitely going to try this out!:)
    follow back http://luxe11.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog through kimmi's blog hop, your newest follower. I've seen tons of mixed reviews on this product. I haven't tried it yet, I want to but I'm not sure if I will. Good luck on starting your blog, can't wait to see where you take it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. every body thinks different :) thanks for following!!

      Delete